Thursday, December 11, 2008

Laxcup Vättern

The competition for me together with Ove didn’t go as well as hoped. We unfortunately were not in the right place at the right time. It seemed the salmon were in very small spots and we didn’t find those spots. On Saturday we had lots of strikes resulting in many small fish. On Sunday we lost one good size salmon just before netting. That is fishing :-)

I would like to thank Ove and Dan, I had a very nice trip with them and they are both real professionals. It was a very good experience to fish with them.I would like to congratulate Team Scandinavian Sportfishing/Predator for second place. They have my friend Eric as one of the crew and they caught 3 nice salmon on Saturday and all took VK-Baitholders in the UV blue colour. Thanks for tip, we had that good size salmon on Sunday on that same colour baitholder. On Sunday they caught 2 more salmon and took second place in that competition. Nice work, well done!
Tight lines
Mika