Sunday, April 5, 2009

Report from Team Marre


Hi Mika

It is hard to have better fishing when fishing alone than I had on Saturday!
Five wild salmon over the legal size and all of them over six kilo. One of them was a monster salmon that was longer than the one meter measuring tape on the side of the boat. The biggest salmon I have ever seen with a weight of well over 12kg!! It took thirty five long minutes to land the enormous fish. It took a large VK2 popcorn flasher with the new VK chrome watermelon colour baitholder behind it at a depth of 12 meters. This same flasher and baitholder was the right recipe for today because it gave me all 5 of these wild salmon.

I also caught three other legal size salmon between 61-63cm and four other under size which I released back to the lake to be caught again another day when they are much bigger ,-)
The new "Super" UV colour also worked very well today on the planer board with 80-120g.

An interesting fact was that of the twelve salmon I caught today eight of them were wild. Hopefully something will happen soon with the rules about wild salmon in Vänern
Thanks Vänern for a wonderful fishing day!!

Regards
Göran Andersson
Team Marre